The Dwadasha or 12 Jyotirlinga shrines, where Lord Shiva is worshipped in the form of a Jyotirlinga, are held in great reverence by all Hindus. Associated with many legends from the Puranas, these Templea are spread out all over the country with the southernmost being in Ramaeswaram and the northernmost in Kedarnath.
THE 12 JYOTIRLINGA SHRINE ARE :-
1. Smnatheshwara at Prabhas Patan (Somnath), near veraval in Gujarat.
2. Mahakaleshwara at Ujjain, in Madhya Pradesh.
3. Bhim ashankara, near Pune, in Maharastra.
4. Tryambakeshwara, near Nasik, in Maharastra.
5. Ramanatheshwara, at Rameshwaram, in Tamil Nadu.
6. Baidyanath Dham, at Deogarh in Bihar.
7. Omkareshwara, near Mortakka in Madhya Pradesh.
8. Mallikarjuna, in Srisailam near Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh.
9. Kedarnatheshwara, near Rishikesh, in Uttaranchal.
10. Vishweshwara, at Varanasi In Uttar Pradesh.
11. Grishneshwara, near Aurangabad in Maharastra.
12. Nageshwara, near Dwarka in Gujarat.